Saturday 11 January 2014

Topshop Haul - Winter 2014

I recently had un peu splurge in Topshop as I was in desperate need of some new additions to the wardrobe (according to mum, I wasn't - but hey-ho!).



Recently, I've really been into wearing skirts so picked up this check/gingham patterned one. I love to wear monochrome clothing as I feel it suits me better than bright, vibrant colours so I played it safe. The skirt feels like it is made with wool in it and is a bit itchy on bare legs, but with tights hey presto, problem solved! It falls to about mid thigh length and sits on your hips so it's a very flattering skirt. I also picked up the yellow crepe top to wear with the skirt after I was inspired by Olivia Harker's Christmas outfit as she also owns the gingham skirt. This top is honestly so comfortable and it's baggy but really feminine at the same time - what more could you want? Finally, clothing-wise I picked up this black cropped cami to wear with the skirt when it gets a bit warmer. I also think cami tops are a very versatile piece of clothing to have as they go with anything and can be both dressed-up and dressed-down. 




While I was there, I also picked up my first make-up items from Topshop's make-up collection. I had always doubted the quality of Topshop's make-up but I thought I'd give it ago and boy was I proved wrong! Topshop's lipsticks have such great quality and are really opaque when on. I also think they're very moisturising and last for ages! The colour I bought was Beguiled it is a dark purple and looks very vampy against my pale skin! I also couldn't resist picking up a brow pencil as I was in desperate need of a new one - the colour I bought was Blonde since I have blonde hair I thought that was a wise choice to make! I really like the quality of this too and especially the fact that it comes with the brush (what are they actually called?) on the end of it. In my Topshop binge I also picked up a creme blush in Head Over Heels. I had never used a creme blush before but I was impressed by the colour of it as it blends into your skin to give you faint rosy cheeks rather than looking like an elf with massive pick blotches on your face! 





Links to what I was wearing: 


Clothing
Crepe Top - Topshop
Cami Top - Topshop
Gingham Skirt - Topshop

Make-up
Lips in 'Begulied' - Topshop
Brow pencil in 'Blonde' - Topshop
Creme blush in 'Head Over Heels' - Topshop

Chloe xx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely products and makeup! Just found your blog and really like it! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Facebook or bloglovin to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! I'll follow you just now on GFC, I'll also check out your blog! Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Chloe xx

      Delete
  2. Hiya! I love your blog and i've nominated you for the 'Liebster award'! I have all the information about it in my blog post here : http://bonjourblossom.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html ( i know it sounds it but no this is not a virus link haha!) - Amy x x x

    ReplyDelete