Thursday 23 January 2014

What I Hope to Achieve in 2014

So, this is a bit of a belated blog-post but I wanted to share the things I hope to achieve this year. 

1. Get good GCSE grades - I am currently in my final year of school and taking all of my exams in May/June this year. To be honest I've turned into quite a "nerd" this year and have put my schoolwork before anything I do, so to get some As in my GCSEs would be amazing! 


2. Travel more - I have been extremely lucky to travel to several different countries at such a young age: Dominican Republic, United States of America, France and Finland. Though there are so many other places I want to go including places all over England. 




3. Become fluent in French - I really love learning new languages and I think French is a beautiful language. I've been learning it for over 5 years now and I'm still not fluent. However, I have started building friendships with 2 filles en France and we write letters and emails to each other in French (with a little help from Google Translate!). I really recommend this if you're trying to learn a new language! Bonne chance!  


4. Conquer the art of Teeline Shorthand - I am really interested in English and journalism and want to pursue it as a career. To learn Teeline shorthand at the age of sixteen would be an amazing achievement (though it is quite hard and I tend to start doodling instead). I want to learn shorthand now as it would take so much pressure off of myself at university.



  
5. Publish more blogposts on my Guardian page - Blogging for The Guardian is an amazing achievement in itself and I'm so chuffed I was able too. My first post got over 6,000 views in the first few hours and started a huge debate over social networking sites (oops!). However, I feel like I don't post enough on there. To think of more articles would be fab and it will really kick off my journalism career.

6. Interview an important/valued person - Now, this one is on the verge of becoming within my grasp. The principal at my school is a superb man; he had a meeting with our local MP and told him all about me. He told him all about me  blogging for The Guardian and carrying out interviews with teachers and pupils at our school. Our MP informed my principal that there was a very high chance that he could arrange an interview with a Member of Parliament in the House of Commons! So exciting! 




7. Reach 200 followers on this blog - This is a bit aspirational, but with a lot of hard work I think it would be possible! I hope to post a lot more frequently especially when my exams are out of the way! I'm currently at 19 followers so, only 181 to go! 


8. Stop worrying so much - I really dislike going places on my own and taking public transport on my own as I panic myself so much. Suffering from anxiety isn't the nicest thing in the world so I'd love to overcome some of it. It's horrible feeling so nervous all the time when nothing is even happening. 


I really wanted to get this post out of the way as I don't think it could have been any later and I hope you achieve what you want in 2014!


Chloe xxx


*pictures from weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment