Saturday 31 May 2014

MAC Crème Cup


And here I am, yet again, typing my thoughts about my new MAC purchase at a ridiculous time in the evening (live life with no regrets -eh?) Anyway, a couple of days ago I picked up my first lipstick from MAC. I have honestly never been much of a 'lipstick wearer' as I've never had the confidence to parade around with vibrant colours on my lips. However, I have always fantasized over the MAC lipsticks ever since I started buying their products but never brought myself round to purchasing one.

The lady in MAC recommended to me that I tried out Crème Cup as it wasn't too different to my natural lip colour. This way, I can wear it on a day-to-day basis without looking ridiculously OTT (because I've seen some of their shades, and let me tell you, some look a tad scary!) and without making me look paler than I am already. 


Crème Cup is a cremesheen finish so this means that it is really moisturising, and has a creamy texture to it with a gentle shiny finish. It is a dusky pink colour which looks so natural and flattering when worn. My first impressions of this lipstick are great! I love it and ever since I've bought it, I've been using it everyday! 

Crème Cup also smells sooooo good! I don't know whether MAC put scents in their lipsticks - I don't think they do? But, this lipstick smells so good it's unreal! It kind of reminds me of  the shells from Cadbury Mini Eggs as just has that distinctive sugary scent that smells d-e-l-i-g-h-t-f-u-l!

This lipstick retails at £15 the same as the other lipsticks from MAC (apart from another range which I think are £15.50?) so it is quite reasonable but definitely worth the money! Now I've bought one I want so many others!


 I definitely recommend this to you if you want to buy your first MAC lipstick but are unsure of what colour to choose! Let me know what your favourite shade of MAC lipstick is as I'd love to hear your opinions on one's I should try out next!

Chloe x

9 comments:

  1. This shades is gorgeous, MAC does it again. I know how you feel, I've seen some really bright really scary shades I would never bring myself to wear but this shade I would definitely feel comfortable wearing xx

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I've seen a bright orange I think it's called 'Morange' or something like that - some people could probably pull it off, but for me it's a bit overpowering! Thank you for commenting!

      Chloe x

      Delete
  2. i really love your blog! I am also an aspiring journalist :) just followed your blog! would love it if you could follow mine too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's great! Let me know what your URL is and of course I will!

      Chloe x

      Delete
  3. This shade looks so lovely! And the way you described the scent sounds so amazing, I love lip products that have a foody (is that a word?) scent!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Haha! Thank you! But it truly smells like that!

      Chloe x

      Delete
  4. the colour is gorgeous :)

    http://yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me about it! Thank you for commenting! :-)

    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour is beautiful, really want a MAC lipstick :)
    I just started a new blog http://jennifer-joanne.blogspot.co.uk/ check it out?
    Love your posts, I've been an avid reader for some months now! Great work Chole! xx

    ReplyDelete