Wednesday 12 March 2014

Real Techniques Brush Collection

Hello everyone, it has been a very hectic week so far and I haven't really had time to sit down! I am currently in the middle of hosting my French Exchange student here at my home. I have had to spend a lot of time helping her during her stay here in the UK and adapting her to British ways of living. Since she is currently in London along with her other classmates from France, I have a couple hours of free-time of which I have decided to spend writing a blog post and chillaxing! So, I have decided to write about my Real Techniques brushes as I love them and I have had some interest to show this from my other posts, here goes!



From Left to Right: Powder brush, blush brush, buffing brush, 
contour brush, pointed foundation brush and detailer brush. 

Real Techniques brushes are designed by a fellow beauty blogger called Samantha Chapman and are available in various beauty stores such as Superdrug and Boots. They vary in price depending on what brush you're buying but they are roughly £10 each.

Powder brush - I use this brush more than all of the other brushes purely because I apply my powder twice a day. From what I can remember it was about £12 and is the biggest brush of them all. I use this brush to apply MAC Skinfinish Natural and it works like a treat! 

Blush brush - I have used this brush a couple of times but kind of regret buying it now as I tend to stick with creme blushes as they are so much easier and quicker to apply. However, when I have used this brush it works really well and really does what it says on the tin (except they come in boxes).

Buffing brush - Now I'm really pleased with this brush as I use it to apply my foundation in the morning. I use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and have done for the past couple of years. Using the buffing brush has made it so much easier and effective in the mornings. Before, I found it awkward to apply with my fingers but despite this I still used it as I really liked the finish. Now I have my hands on this brush I love it even more!

Contour brush - This brush works really well and I use it to apply my bronzer. I never used to apply bronzer because I never had a brush for it other than the crappy ones you get in bulk makeup sets. This brush really ticks all the boxes for me and is well worth it! 

Pointed foundation brush - Since I apply my foundation with my buffing brush I don't really have a use for this brush unless I decide to wear a liquid foundation usually Eau De Tient from L'Oreal. If anyone has another use for this that I just haven't thought of  - please let me know! 

Detailer brush - Finally we have the detailer brush. I find this brush very useful for applying concealer on any breakouts or imperfections that I may have. The brush is very soft and therefore doesn't irritate any sensitive under-the-skin spots allowing them to heal quicker and covering them efficiently. 

These brushes are well worth the money and I recommend them 100%. To clean them just use Johnson's Baby Shampoo as it has no harsh chemicals in that will damage the brushes. To dry, leave them in a warm place such as near a radiator or in an airing cupboard. I DO NOT recommend using a hair-dryer as it melts the fibres and leaves them stuck together and once it's done, it's done and cannot be reversed (unless you want to buy another one, of course!) If you need to dry them quickly, use a hair-dryer on the coolest setting possible. 




Real Techniques Core Collection - available at boots.com 


Thank you for reading and thank you so much to the followers I have recently gained - I am so grateful! 

 Chloe 

xxx




Tweet me: @Chloe__Spencer (two underscores)

Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/chloe_spencer 

7 comments:

  1. I have all of these brushes and love them! Lovely post xxx

    www.amandaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these brushes! My favourite brushes of all time, I haven't found any as good as these yet for this price! Great post
    Jess x x
    http://www.a-beautifulsecret.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! just started following you on Bloglovin!! I would appreciate if you have a look at my blog as well!

    http://www.officialnotetoself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chloe! You recently started follwing me on bloglovin' and I am so glad you did! I am also trying to find my feet in the world of journalism, and also love your content! How did you get involved with the gaurdian? That's insanely amazing! Thank you again for the follow, keep up the good work!

    http://r-wolst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chloe, thanks for following! I have some individual Real Techniques and love them too! Thanks for the tip about Johnson's Baby Shampoo... I've always wondered how to clean them!
    Best from Australia,

    times-new-roamin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've heard so many amazing things about real techniques... lovely blog btw! i'd love it if youd check out my blog and comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the real techniques brushes, specifically the eye shadow brushes, love this post! Also I tagged you to do the I heart Spring Tag! x
    http://littlemisspaige28.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/i-heart-spring-tag.html

    ReplyDelete