Wednesday 9 April 2014

Chloé Cooks - Fruit Infused Water


Ever since I saw a collection of these on Pinterest I have been wanting to make some. You should know that I am absolutely awful at keeping myself hydrated (I've been dehydrated and taken ill many times as a young child) and I made a promise to myself in the New Year that I would drink a lot more water. 

Now, I am not a massive water fan (I just find it soooooo bland and boring). I always have to dilute it with some kind of  fruit squash which is quite bad for you as it is full of sugars and additives. When I was looking on Pinterest the other day I came across these homemade fruit infused waters. They are so yummy and not to mention really cute in jam jars; they would be perfect to make with your kids/friends or for a garden party.

Fruit infused water is so easy and so cheap to make, all you need to do is: grab a cup, jar, pitcher, beaker what ever you want and fill it 3/4 of the way with cold tap water (or bottled if you live in a place where you can't drink out of your taps), then select the desired fruit (berries and citrus fruits work best, avoid things like banana!) and chop it up into small pieces. Once your all chopped, quickly rinse the fruit to remove any dirt etc. and place into your cup! Voliá! 

If you make a big jug of  infused water, it is best to leave it in the fridge until needed and drunk on the day of creation. If not, keep refrigerated and refresh the water every 1-3 days.



Right to left: Raspberry & Blackberry, Orange & Lemon, Strawberry & Kiwi.


They look so pretty and taste so good as well as being 100% natural! 

If you live in a warm country (in other words, not the UK) then you can try adding ice cubes to your water or adding frozen fruit to made it cooler and more refreshing. You could also add things such as mint or cucumber to give it an extra kick! 


 


Be sure to comment with links to your blogs if you try out this recipe! Enjoy!

Chloe

xxx



Tweet me: @Chloe__Spencer (two underscores)
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/chloe_spencer

7 comments:

  1. Wow I should try this, I really like all of this but mostly this with raspberry and blackberry. I'm your new follower I hope that you follow me back.

    http://lesfleurfashionandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you try it out?
      Of course I'll follow you back!
      Chloe x

      Delete
  2. Wow, I have just stumbled across your blog and I know its one of my favourites!
    Hannah x
    www.hannahrosehugsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea! Must give it ago!

    www.thatblondebrit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try it out? They are so good!

      Chloe x

      Delete
  4. Hey Chloe, these are such a good idea, I'm definitely going to make some to keep going through revision! Emily x

    thewhimsicalway.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete