Sunday 6 April 2014

Monochrome Madness


Finally, I have chance to sit down and write as the end of term is nigh. As I am currently approaching the start of my exams (36 days to be precise) I don't have much free time on my hands to write lengthly blog-posts, but I will try my hardest. 

As I needed to post something as I was failing to stick to my "post 2 posts a week" regime, I have created a collage and picked out my favourite monochrome pieces currently in Topshop. 


I am a excessively HUGE sucker for monochrome clothing (don't even ask me why) and a majority of clothing in my wardrobe is black or white. Searching through Topshop's website has made me want to buy everything as I am in love with their current stock (shame I have to save and raise £3,960 and am currently holding myself back from buying everything I see!).


1. Gingham Smock Dress - £55 / This dress is so gorgeous and I love smock dresses as I think they are really flattering and have a girly touch. I also love to wear dresses, tights, a pair of Chelsea boots and a boyfriend coat and I think this dress would really work well like that. 


2. Bonded Stripe Shell - £40 / Now, I think that this piece is a little bit pricey for what it is, but I love striped pieces and they are very common in my wardrobe.


3. Monochrome Zig Zag Shorts - £22 / I really believe these shorts are a steal. To be totally honest I don't usually wear shorts as I am more of a skirt wearer but these are to lovely to go un-noticed. I think they would really work with a black cami, a pair of flat sandals and voilà.

4. Floral Skort - £34 / Skorts have been really big this year however I personally have never worn one, infact, I don't own one. I think this one would be so versatile and easily styled. 

5. Brush Gingham Aline Skirt - £36 / I actually own this skirt and it is my go-to item of clothing. I have worn it endlessly with so many different combinations my favourite being a black mohair jumper, black tights and black Chelsea boots (what a surprise!..)

6. Gingham Cigarette Trousers - £42 / When I saw these, I think a part of me fell in love. I have been on a hunt for a pair of cigarette trousers for when I start sixth form in September; something tells me that these may be the ones! 

7. *Sophie Dress by Jones and Jones - £60 / This dress looks so pretty and I love the style of it. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have a justified reason to buy it as I never really go out anywhere (unsociable girls put your hands up!). I included it within this blogpost though as it was too elegant and sophisticated (see what I did there?)  to miss out.

I hope you can join the monochrome fanclub and share love for monochrome clothing with me. All items mentioned are available here. Please check out my page on Bloglovin' which can I say has nearly reached 400 followers WHAT? Thank you all so much, I couldn't do it with out you! Bisou-bisou! 


Chloe 


xxx


Tweet me: @Chloe__Spencer (two underscores)
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/chloe_spencer

4 comments:

  1. Love these, Im going to a wedding soon and the theme is black and white so Ive got some good ideas now! Thanks :)

    Charlotte xx
    www.thegoodowl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh - I'm so glad I could help! Thank you for reading!

      Chloe x

      Delete
  2. Black and white EVERYTHING! I am loving this trend for spring too! It's so rock n roll.

    Plz check out my bog styledbynoosh.blogspot.com

    Sincerely,
    Noosh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Of course I will - thanks for commenting!

      Chloe x

      Delete