Monday 7 April 2014

Lime Loving It


First of all please excuse the awful pun (they're really not my strong point.) Anyway, if you're a lover of lime coloured clothing (like moi) then you've found the right post. I've always loved the colour lime and worn it ever since I was little.

 When I was around 7, I  used to own this massive (I mean MASSIVE) puffa-coat that absolutely drowned me (drowned is an understatement) that was either from Next or H&M but I used to live in it!


Lime is an easy way to brighten up anyone's outfit without looking ridiculous or over the top. I'm not talking florescent green that looks like it's just come out of a highlighter, I'm talking 'chartreuse', well, at least that's what Topshop calls it! A more toned down, yellowish green. Due to my endless searching through the Topshop website (as per usual) I stumbled across these gems and now really want to buy them!


1. Knitted Textured Crop Top - £34 /I feel this top looks very seventies and would really work with a pair of black skinny jeans. I adore the pattern on it and the colours really compliment each other (who could go wrong with black and white - eh?) 

2. Double Zip Holdall  - £42 / This bag is on my wishlist. I really love the colour of it and love the snakeskin texture it has. This bag is also available in a coral colour as it the crop top so if lime green or 'chartreuse' isn't for you, you can go for coral instead!


3. Black Ripped Jamie Jeans - £40 / Ripped jeans are all in this season and are currently really popular on the highstreet. I think a pair of ripped skinny jeans would complete this outfit as it brings out the black in the top my contrasts with the rest. Not to mention that Topshop have the bestest jeans in the whole entire world.


4. *Daniel Wellington Classic Sheffield Watch - £159 / I think I fell to heaven when I saw this watch. It isn't Topshop's own but it is one of the brands that they supply. Daniel Wellington watches are absolutely beautiful and look so elegant but yet they're so simple. Daniel Wellington Watches are available here.


5. MARGATE Double Buckle Geek Shoes - £32 / I absolutely love the geek shoes trend and will for a long time. I picked up my first pair in Primark back in 2013 when the trend first started. I've worn them ever since and bought a pair of white ones from Topshop. However, they had to be returned as they were to big and uncomfortable because of that. These ones look so cute as they have two straps and lots of dainty details around the front and sides, they're also lime green! 

What do you think about wearing lime green? Let me know in the comments and tell me what your favourite pieces are! Thank you so much for reading!

Chloe 

xxx



Tweet me: @Chloe__Spencer (two underscores)
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/chloe_spencer


2 comments:

  1. I love lime color a lot, it is like between green and yellow, very beautiful color and super for spring and summer. The whole set is beautiful, I especially liked the top and the shoes, very sweet pieces! wish you great week! <3 xoxo

    www.stylehenge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - definitely! Me too! Thank you for commenting! Chloe x

      Delete